Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Organic Baby Food Options - What are the best first foods?

This is a hard question, there a ton of baby food brands out there, but for me I went with a brand I trusted and could easily get at the local health food store. I didn't have time to make baby food and store it so I was on the hunt for good quality food already jarred.

Since Ellery was an organic formula kid I wanted to offer her organic baby food as well;  keeping her body free from unnecessary chemicals as much as possible. I ended up using Earth's Best Baby Food since I was already using their formula (and trusted their brand), but along the way I found some first finger foods that Ellery loves too. Actually, even now that she is 14 months, she still eats these snacks every day. Here is what I use and recommend:


Organic Baby Cereal by Earth's Best
The first food is typically cereal and  Earth's Best has great cereal. We started with their oatmeal and moved into their multi-grain cereal. Ellery still has that daily. It has 50% of her daily iron in one serving!

Where to buy: Babies R Us, local health food store, http://www.diapers.com/


Organic Baby Food - 1st Foods and 2nd Foods by Earth's Best
Another favorite of ours is Earth's best jarred foods. This is convenient because you can purchase this at BabiesRUS or your local health food store. I actually purchased this from Diapers.com. I love that site! They have amazing deals if you buy in bulk. Especially if you have picky eater who only eats sweet potatoes - you will certainly buy  flavors in bulk!!

                           Where to buy: Babies R Us, local health food store, http://www.diapers.com/


Organic Baby Puffs - by Plum
Good for breakfast, good for snacks, and watch out dad might steal some too. I don't know why but my husband loves my daughters food. I catch him in the pantry all of the time nibbling on her food! The best part about these puffs is they are a mix of veggies and fruit so they are getting the good stuff while they are snacking.

Where to buy: Babies R Us, local health food store, http://www.diapers.com/






Organic Yogurt Melts - by HappyMelts
This is hands down my daughters' favorite snack, still to this day. They are freezed-dried yogurts that are super easy to carry in your purse for a quick snack. They are also a great source of calcium if your child is milk adverse - like my daughter. They do have some organic sugar in it, but not much.

Where to buy: Babies R Us, http://www.diapers.com/, hard to find at local stores, though request them and sometimes the health food store will pick them up.


Alright, now what do you think? Do you have any favorite first baby foods that are organic that you highly recommend? Leave a comment and let us know!

1 comment:

  1. we used lots of the earth's best and plum stuff when my son was smaller. good stuff.

    ReplyDelete